Since more than 20 years Dr. Brigitte Holzinger researches on different topics of psychotherapy. Not only has she published a lot of books and scientific sheets to share the profound knowledge she has gained, but also she regularly shares her conclusions, her knowledge and answer to questions one might have during conferences and seminars, which she can hold in both languages, English or German.
- The length varies from 1 to 2 days according to the topic
- Coaching can be in group or individual
Goals of the workshop
This workshop is about looking into each participant’s sleep problems and their consequences, about gaining knowledge about the techniques of sleepcoaching and try them in order to achieve an improvement of sleep quality. Before taking part in the workshop the participants will be asked to fill in a sleep and dream diary, which will be evaluated and individually discussed during the workshop in order to find out if there are specific issues needing to be approached. During the workshop the participants will be taught in detail the 4 elements of sleepcoaching and the Gestalt background:
- Sleep education: concerns the knowledge about sleep and dreams as well as about techniques to overcome nightmares, cognition within dreams (lucid dreams), gaining control, strengthening the self.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: concerns techniques of stimuli control, sleep restriction, chronotherapy, change of perception, as well as sleephygiene, cause analysis and proposals for improvement
- Relaxation techniques/Hypnosis: concerns techniques like hypnosis, autogenous training, Muscle relaxation, hypnotherapy, yoga, massages and so on… techniques helping the participants to improve their sleep quality.
- Dream and Dreamwork: sleep-and dream diary, dream work, will be used to achieve a long lasting effect of the sleepcoaching teachings;
- Gestalttherapy: This background stance is about contact, relation and awareness. Background of unhealthy sleep might be anger, sadness or any other negative emotion, which gets in the way of relaxing in sleep. To understand those, role playing can be used, feedback from the group can help uncover them.
We spend about one third of our lives sleeping. Those are about 8 hours a day. In our modern, industrial world, sleep is still considered as understood, as something natural which just occurs like sent to us out of the hand of a magician. Dies this not seem weird? Everyone knows how it feels to get up after a night of poor sleep. The result is: lack of energy, tiredness, restlessness, aggressions, lack of attention, difficulty to concentrate, and on a long term sleep deprivation leads to health problems reaching from Burnout to Cardio-vascular- diseases.
Content of the seminar:
Sleep and what we know about it from biomedical point of view; Correlation with burnout and other psychological of physical diseases; Sleep disorders and classical treatments; Sleepcoaching and some examples including specific trainings of techniques improving the quality of sleep: „what can I change about my behavior to find better sleep?“ A seminar for all those who wish to know more about sleep, who have issues about their sleep and those who want to learn how to avoid getting those issues.
Training the techniques.
Goals of the seminar:
A shift-worker lives in a normal surrounding, but works and sleeps at abnormal times. The organism cannot adapt itself to this changed way of life and reacts with many different impairments. The problems occur mostly because of being obliged to sleep at daytime and to stay awake at nighttime. The main consequences are sleep disorder and diminished performance. By following chronobiologic and work hygienic strategies the extent of the disorders can be diminished.
- Which are the substantial problems of shift-plans? Education about the circadian rhythm- what shall we do when? What is our (life-) rhythm? The inner clock – where it comes from and what makes it going What happens when it gets out of rhythm?
- Sleep disorders within shift-working
Sleep disorders originated by shift-work
Sleep education: sleep disorders originated by shift-work are being
discussed as well as which the risks there are for healthIndividual- and group-work:
Which tendencies to disorders do I already have developed and what
can I do about it?
How can diet help?
Plan to improve the “shift work hangover”
- Work plan
Advantages of shift-work – do I want to work in the rhythm of other
People? Am I an early bird or a night owl?
How susceptible to disorders induced by a change of rhythm am I?
- My perfect work plan Create with a computer program a perfect work plan, combining the physiological knowledge about sleep and the circadian rhythm, the individual needs and wishes, and the requirements of others (family, employer). How can I actively integrate in my life measures based upon of my new knowledge about me and shift-work- which measure, when and how? (Individual- and group-work)
Goals of the seminar:
Acquiring the basic knowledge about dreams, nightmares, lucid dreams and dream-work. First steps of therapy to nightmares
What happens to the body while we dream?
Dreams in psychoanalysis, in the analysis of Jung, in the Gestalt-Therapy and in the psychodrama. Role playing in the therapy incl. demonstration.
Definition of lucid dreams, about how/when they can help and how the technique can be learned.
Communication during interviews: which effect will my language and behavior have on the public?
TV, Radio, newspapers seen from the point of view of an insider
Basics of language
The language of the medias
The Outfit – the first impression is a lasting one
Stage fright – part of the effect
Optional: visiting a TV studio
Training the techniques:
Video training and Video analysis
Communication- and training the repartee
Expression complicated topics in a simple way
How to prepare statements
How to use few and concise words
Speaking and breathing
Role playing games